As an experiment I have uploaded a new cover for Cold Fusion 2000. It's only for the e-book versions, and will probably just be for a limited time. You can get a look at it by clicking the image above. There's a few elements I like, in terms of it fitting the story:
- Manchester city streets;
- The hand-drawn font implies something childish (Alex!);
- The sun could be rising or setting: either way it is a liminal time, a story set somewhere between other things; it maybe resembles a halo of light (which makes sense if you have read the novel);
- There's something lonely about those streets;
- There are shadows at the edges, things may not be perfect;
- The subtitle gives a bit more of an idea about what the novel might contain.
Better or worse than the previous cover?