You can be a pirate too
Retrospective time! I've browsed last year's posts and picked out my favourites to create a list of my 30 Best Blog Posts Of 2016. How many of them did you read?
PS At the end I'll list some posts that are specifically for writers.
PPS You can find last year's summary - Best Posts Of 2015 - here.
- St David's Day Bookfest - My Contributions - taking part in a book launch on Facebook
- Celebrate Good Times, Come On! (Let's Celebrate) - my blog reached 100,000 views
- Who Am I? - a personal statement
- Interview With Karl On Jane Davis' Website - self explanatory
- Arvon Writing Course - what's it like to go on one?
- Notso Grand National - the pictures took longer to make than the text
- Amiga Format Madness - I write letters, too
- The Hexen Wars - an example of my nerd credentials
- Why You Should Read Shakespeare Today – A Personal Article - good old Shakes
- A World Of Writers And Readers: Understanding Modern Publishing - and why prizes shouldn't be prejudiced
- Name That Unexpected Horror Tale - I'm still trying to find the woodsy one
- Writing And Ethics: Silly Horror Stories Are Nothing Compared To Reality - serious issues
- Embracing Difference And Dialect - Scotland
- They Move Below July Horror Blog Tour - my first blog tour!
- Review Into The Welsh Government’s Support For Publishing And Literature In Wales - where does the money go?
- Reviews, And Why They're Important To Writers - thanks to all my readers who write reviews!
- Housebroken - a book impressed me so much I interviewed the author
- Ey up! I talk about my Manchester novels on Jenny Kane's website
- Book Cover Redesign For Harvest Festival - how do you go about redesigning a cover?
- Copyright Restrictions On Books - publishers shouldn't be so restrictive
- Close To Home - I'm interviewed about Manchester
- What Books Influenced Me? - another interview
- My Films For Halloween - I had to stop watching one of them
- Where To Buy Books - Secondhand Is Valid - you have my permission
- Interactive Horror, Teenage Imaginations: Fighting Fantasy And Harvest Festival
- What Do You Suggest For Good Horror Reading?
- Storytelling Is Not Just Telling A Story
- Sad Books, Readings, Performance - the importance of spoken words
- Even In My Dreams - a poetry book I contributed to
My Best Posts Of 2016 For WritersI put these in a separate section so they don't scare normal people:
- Stop! Grammar Time! (Or "I Felt Alright While Editing")
- Analysis Tools For Writers
- Tips For Public Speaking
- To TOC Or Not To TOC
- Drop Caps
- Running Heads
- Images In Books - Quality Versus Compression
- Dash The Rules - Dashes, En-rules, Em-rules; When And How To Use Them
- Images, Book Covers, (Stock) Photo Sites, And Scams
- Keeping Your Author Details Up To Date
- Capitalizing Hyphenated Compounds